Thursday, September 10, 2009

Because I always do the talking

Speak!

Your in-home tutoring coordinator has an opportunity for you to share your experience as a volunteer in the CRESL program. You don't need any special training for this assignment.


On Saturday, September 19, I will have a booth at Festival International in Aurora. I'll be there all day, from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 pm.

Alas, I will be alone.




I am looking for two or three current or former volunteers to assist me in the booth.

  • Greet visitors
  • Explain a bit about refugees
  • Explain the basics of the in-home tutoring program
  • Talk about the volunteer program at Emily Griffith (if you're familiar)
  • Hand out brochures
  • Talk about your experience as an in-home tutor.

This is actually quite fun--especially if you enjoy talking to people. If you would like to help out (and I really do need help!), please call me 720-423-4843 or drop me a line at sharon_mccreary@dpsk12.org before Thursday, September 17.

I look forward to spending quality time with you! --SM

No comments: